.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First Kiss

My first kiss was in kindergarten.  Well, if by first kiss we mean the first time I was kissed by a boy not related to me.  His name was Harvey Logan.  It was recess and I needed to go potty so I went back into my classroom to take care of that business.  When I walked in the room it was dark but someone was coming out of the bathroom.  It was Harvey.  He walked right up to me and kissed me dead on the lips.  I nearly died.  Seriously - I'm not even sure what I did but I know that I was mortified.  He wasn't the gross kid or anything, but at the age of 5 1/2 I really had no interest in kissing boys (believe it or not).  He found me recently on Facebook and the first thing he said was, "so do you remember when you kissed me in Mrs. Ford's room?"  and I very quickly and firmly reminded him that THAT was most certainly not how it went down.  So there's that.

My first "real" kiss was at Jaimi Rodger's house at our 8th grade graduation party.  There were lots of people there (and by lots I mean maybe 20) but 4 of us decided to play spin the bottle.  Well as luck would have it there were no bottles to be found, so we spun an empty coke can.  Yeah.  First I kissed Martin Driscoll and I thought his tongue was fat.  Then I kissed Justin "Bubba" Randolph and he tasted like 7Up and Spearmint gum. 

My first real kiss not playing a game was shortly after that with Chris O'Brien.  We went 4 wheeler riding and then kissed in the moonlight by the lake.  Trust me - it sounds MUCH more romantic than it was. :)  I like him for about 2 days and then it was over.  Ah, young summer love. :P

I would continue that pattern of liking a boy, kissing him, and then 2 days later realizing maybe he wasn't so great for the next 5 or so years - which amounts to about 45 boys.  Throw in a very serious 3 year relationship in those 5 years (that ended my freshman year of college) and I'll let you do the math as to how many kissed boys were running around Louisiana College.  Sheesh.  What was I thinking?

Then I met Justin and that was it.  He's the last boy I'll ever kiss.  And I LOVE it that way.

3 comments:

  1. So cute, and I have to say I like Mum too. Better than MMMooooommmmmmmmyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

    LOL

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww . . . now that was a blast from the past! Guess who I saw at one of our playoff games this year . . . Martin Driscoll! He was with Justin Scogin -- he looked good and was friendly -- and guess what else? Doug hung out with Bubba Randolph somewhere in Lake Charles a few weeks ago!! AND . . . the last time I was at Wal-Mart guess who was at the register across from me? You guessed it . . . Harvey Logan. He, too was friendly and asked about you . . . what was really funny is how his girl squeezed him on the butt as they were walking out! Man I love memories. And I love you, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE!!! I remember first kiss stories at katy and donisha's apt first time I met you!! funny day!!

    ReplyDelete

You know what to do!

If you ask a question in a comment I will answer with a comment so keep an eye out here. :)