.

Monday, October 11, 2010

giving up.

there are times, like right now, that i am tempted to give up.

to throw in the towel.

sometimes, for brief moments, that seems easier than the alternative.

to try harder.

to have more faith.

to have patience and grace.

to try (yet again) to be more like Jesus.

and it probably would be easier.

except the bible leads me to believe that it will all be worth it. and that is what i'm holding onto.

i'm frustrated about several things right now - none of which is in my control - and if i don't keep myself in check, i want to give up. i want to say screw it. i'm done. i'll start over.

but then i hear that still, small voice reminding me that the fight is worth it.

for friends.

for a church that i adore and that points me (and everyone else blessed enough to walk through the doors) to Jesus every.single.week and that preaches the TRUTH.

for dreams.

so i hold on.

i fight harder.

and i pray.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

1 comment:

  1. Oh friend this makes me sad. You should move here and go to my church and we could be friends. Our Silas' should play and well that would be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

You know what to do!

If you ask a question in a comment I will answer with a comment so keep an eye out here. :)